Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Healthy Salsa Chicken



I love this recipe. It is perfect for a busy weeknight. It's so quick and easy it will knock your socks off.  I was pleasantly surprised how much favor the salsa gives. I typically serve this with whole wheat couscous but rice or mashed potatoes would go great too. Add your favorite green veggie and dinner is served!


Healthy Salsa Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups salsa (I use Pace Picante Medium)
Provolone cheese slices (or your favorite cheese)

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Salt and pepper chicken and place in dish. Pour salsa over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Be careful not to overcook or the chicken will be dry.  Pull chicken out of oven, place cheese slices on top of chicken and place back in oven until melted. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...