Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How I Naturally Clean and Disinfect My Carpets


When you have animals and kids like we do, your carpets take a big beating.  I have to clean my carpets at least once every 6 months. Sometimes more than that.  I used to rent a Rug Doctor each time, but I got tired of spending the money and we decided to invest in a Bissell Steam Cleaner that I LOVE.  I can get it out anytime I want for big or small jobs.  However, I was not thrilled about the toxins my kids and animals were inhaling from the strong soap formula I was using and, because the kids roll around on the carpets, I wanted a way to disinfect as well.  So you can imagine my delight when I found out that I could use my Get Clean products in place of the Bissell formula.  I couldn't wait to try it out. And, not surprisingly, I LOVED the results.  

Here is how I did it: 

First,  I made a up a bottle of stain remover by adding 1/2 tsp of Basic H and 1 tsp of Nature Bright to 16 oz of water.  Shake it really well to dissolve the Nature Bright.  


Then I went around the room and sprayed any stains I saw.  It just so happened that I had a couple of nasty stains from the cat (you cat owners know what I am talking about) and I was very interested to see if I was going to be able to get it out. 

While I let the stain remover sit for a few minutes, I mixed up my formula for the carpet cleaner.  For this, I filled up the formula reservoir with water (mine holds 16 oz) and added 1 tsp Basic H, 1 tbsp Nature Bright, and 3/4 tsp Basic G.   Basic G will not only disinfect, but it will help deodorize as well.   

                                        

Then I filled my water tank with super hot water.  

                                        

Now it was time to get busy!  This is my carpet before.  It is hard to see in the picture but trust me, it was pretty bad.  

                                       

And here is the carpet after.  Huge difference!  


And those stains I mentioned before? GONE!  Check it out...





Holy cow, I think I had a smile on my face all afternoon.  I was so happy that not only are my carpets clean, but I can feel good about my babies playing on a carpet that is also disinfected without the dangers of toxins.  Can't beat that!




Follow us on FACEBOOK! 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...