A few years ago, I was on a low carb diet and getting really sick of the same old breakfast every day. I needed new, creative ideas if was going to keep having to eat eggs every single morning. So I perused the community page of the diet I was on and found this recipe. Oh boy, it is GOOD! So good, that I continue to make it even when I am not dieting. It is a terrific way to use up your stock pile of zucchini and change up the typical egg breakfast. It makes wonderful light dinner too!
This another one that is easy to make your own. I often add mushrooms and other veggies. When I am feeling naughty, I will make it with a crust. Any way you choose, you will love this recipe.
Low Carb Italian Zucchini Quiche
2 tsp olive oil
1 large zucchini - sliced
5 green onions - chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1 clove fresh garlic - chopped (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
6-8 eggs
6 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese
Heat olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Saute zucchini and onion until tender. Stir in parsley, salt, basil, garlic and oregano. In a bowl, combine eggs and cheese. Pour sauteed vegetables into a pie plate and pour egg mixture over vegetables. Bake at 375 degrees until set (about 25-30 minutes).
Yummm.....
Linking to:
Join the fun on Facebook!


No comments:
Post a Comment