One of my favorite ways to celebrate the 4th of July is to spend the afternoon at the local park and watch the town's big fireworks display. I grew up doing that every year and have very fond memories. So I was thrilled when we had the chance this year to do the same with our girls.
It is rare that we stay home for the 4th of July. Traditionally, we have a big family party at Gabe's brother's ranch down in Aurora, MO. But, thanks to the 4th being in the middle of the week this year, we were able to celebrate Independence Day with our friends at the city park.
As we heard all week, it is "hot as a firecracker" here in Kansas City. The temps topped 103 degrees. Brutal heat. But we didn't let that spoil the fun. Luckily, our friends got to the park early and grabbed a great spot in the shade with a front row seat to the lakeside fireworks show.
The girls had a lot of fun. Maise just loves being outdoors.
Mia is a sweet big sister...
The fireworks show was spectacular! One of the best I have seen. Even Maise seemed to enjoy them. We had a couple of pooped out little girls when we finally got home at 11pm. But we all had a wonderful time and fell asleep with smiles on our faces.
Now we look forward to attending the belated 4th of July family bash this weekend at the Schnelle Ranch. How lucky we are to have the best of both worlds!
Join the fun on Facebook!







2 comments:
You guys look like you had so much fun!!!!!!! You gotta get those pics on Fish!
I love you all very much and can't wait to see you!!!!
Hey I love the pics. The girls look so happy and you and Gabe look like your having a blast.
Post a Comment