When I think of Spring/Fall cleaning I think of cleaning windows. I wonder if the chore of cleaning windows was what started this whole Spring/Fall Cleaning bandwagon in the first place?
In any case, I am not crazy about cleaning windows. I am sure no one is. But I LOVE the difference in my mood when my windows are clean. I automatically feel refreshed, don't you?
I regularly clean my front and back door windows because of sticky paws and wet noses (both human and non-human). But Spring and Fall are the only times my other windows get cleaned. Now that I have found the right tools and products, cleaning them isn't as big of a chore as it used to be.
So let's get to it.
First, I mentally prepare myself for the shape of the windows and window tracks. Living in the country and next to a dirt road tends to make things extra fun.
Case in point:
![]() |
| yuk!!! |
Next, I prepare my tools. For the outside windows I fill a bucket (or in this case a trash can because I was too lazy to look for a bucket) with water and add 1 tablespoon of Basic H. Then I get two rags. One for washing, one for drying (usually microfiber).
Then I remove the screens.
I then take my rag, dunk it in the bucket and start washing making sure to get those window tracks really good.
Once its all wiped down, I will follow up with my dry microfiber cloth and wipe them dry.
I don't have to rinse because Basic H breaks down the dirt and hard water so when I dry them there are no streaks. If I rinsed them with the hose, they would be covered with all that hard water again and I would have to go back and spray the window down with Basic H window cleaner and the wipe it down. Too much work and I don't roll that way.
Ahhh...que Angel's singing....
Now it's time to move inside. For this, all I need is my window cleaner and handy dandy microfiber window cloth.
Just spray and wipe! This is seriously the BEST window cloth ever made. It cleans windows and mirrors like no other. Zero streaks.
Now stand back and look at that gorgeous window. Then look at your watch and marvel at how little time it all took. About 15 minutes for me for this set of windows.
I repeat the whole process with the rest of the windows in the house. I am usually done with the whole thing in about 2 hours.
For the upstairs windows that are too high to reach from the outside, I will just take the bucket upstairs, remove the screens and bottom window and clean the outsides as best as I can.
So there you have it. Easy peasy, spotless window cleaning. I have tackled almost all the big jobs. The carpets, the deep dusting, and the windows. Tomorrow I'll show you the last big job on my list: cabinets.
Follow us on FACEBOOK!










No comments:
Post a Comment