Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes…



Pics have nothing to do with this post, I just liked them


I’m still here, really!  Obviously, I took an extended, unplanned hiatus from the blog, but I am back with renewed conviction. The truth is, there has been a pretty big change in my life and I took some time to re-evaluate and soul search about my priorities and whether or not to continue with the blog.  Let me explain. 

Since August, I had been working part time for a local school district as a Communications Assistant. It was just two days a week and was a perfect fit for me since it allowed me to do what I love (journalism, media, events, etc.) yet still focus on my Shaklee business and be with my daughters.  However, our financial health was declining rapidly and the stress on our family was becoming almost too much to bear.  I was praying for an answer.  My prayers didn’t go unheard.  In November, I was asked to sub short-term as the Receptionist for the central office in the district until they could find a permanent replacement.  I accepted, and loved it.  A few weeks later, I was approached about applying for the full time position.  This, of course, meant full time day-care for my children, and less time for my business, but the salary would literally save us financially.  In reality, my three-year-old was already in pre-school/daycare full time, and my youngest in daycare three days a week. Both are thriving. We are very lucky to have an incredible day-mommy who loves and cares for our children like her own.  In the end, the job was a great fit and a terrific opportunity since it offers a great work/life balance, flex hours, and fabulous benefits.  And, one of the perks was that my children could attend the district schools which are terrific.  So, I took the job in December.  This meant a huge life change for us.  I no longer could describe myself as a work-at-home mom. We now had to juggle full-time schedules and transporting kids all while continuing our current lifestyle of cooking healthy meals, housekeeping, exercise, and quality family time.  So with this big adjustment, the holidays and illness, my life was getting very crazy.  Between blogging, working Shaklee and my new job, my time with my family became scarcer, our healthy lifestyle was declining, and my husband was picking up a lot of slack.  I felt something had to give.    

That brings us to the present.  The reality is I love to blog. I love the connection with my clients, friends and family. It is also my creative outlet.  I also love Shaklee and want to continue to share their incredible products and what a blessing they have been in our lives.  So, after a lot of soul searching, talking, and advice from others, I came to a very important conclusion.  This all can be done.  I can do this! It will take an incredible amount of conviction and commitment, but most importantly, scheduling!  It is a great excuse to get organized and schedule and prioritize everything in our lives.  

My life/business coach, Dani Johnson, teaches us this. Priority One: God; Priority Two: Family; then business, and the rest.  This is my new focus. This is my new goal. 

So there you have it.  A little change and a new challenge.  But change is good, and I am always up for a challenge.  So I hope you can forgive my absence and hang with me through this new life phase.  

Stay tuned for an update on my weight loss journey!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...