Sunday, August 4, 2013

Natural Defense Against Back-to-School Germs


I hope you are having a great summer! It's hard to believe we are gearing up to go back to school already. Some of us are dreading it, some of us are looking forward to sending the kids back just to get some rest! However you feel about it, going back to school is an extremely busy time.  Buying school supplies, new clothes, getting organized and getting prepared to get back on a regular schedule. 

But are you ready for everything going back to school entails?  With back-to-school also comes the beginning of cold and flu season.  And when masses of kids spend 7 hours a day together, that also means lots, and lots, and lots of germs.  And lots and lots of sharing of germs. 

Last year was a really brutal flu season. It seemed many of people I knew were sick a lot.  We were not immune either.  Maise was sick solid from October to April with something, and I made the big mistake of missing my vitamins for a week and got hit with a flu bug that put me down for three days!  But, amazingly, Mia didn't get more than a 24 hour bug.  

So today, I am going to tell you about how I am winning the war on germs and going to keep our family healthy as they go back to school and head into the cold/flu season.

Let me introduce you to Incredivites:

We call these Superpowers in our house.  Every morning you will hear one of us say "Have you had your superpowers yet?"  These little pills are nothing short of amazing.  I couldn't say this enough. These are the best vitamins out there! They are powered by lactoferrin, which helps kids' immune systems stay supercharged.  It is also packed with 23 essential nutrients, with 600 IU of vitamin D to support strong bones and teeth, and 100% of the Daily Value of all eight B vitamins and vitamin C.  They are 100% natural and gluten free. They even come in safe packaging that is free of BPA, phtalates, and toxic inks – and it is recyclable. So awesome.

The kids love them. We give Mia two per day, one at breakfast and one with dinner. Maise was too young to take them until this spring. We now give her one per day and she has been healthy ever since starting them. 

You may be asking yourself, "so what?" What makes this different from any other children's vitamins?  Well, none of them have Lactoferrin. And, if you have ever looked at what is in a typical, store bought children's vitamin such as Flintstones, you would be shocked and/or completely grossed out like I was.  Aspertame, sorbitol, ferrous fumarate, hydrogenated soybean oil, genetically modified corn starch, artificial flavors, and aluminum-based food colorings like Red #40 are just a few of the questionable ingredients. You can read more about this here. 

I am no scientist. All I know is none of that sounds good and I don't want to be responsible for giving my children anything like that.  And, I know what Incredivites have done for us.  Mia hasn't been to the doctor in almost 2 years.  And Maise hasn't had any of the summer sicklies that have been going around since starting them.  We actually ran out of these once and I was FRANTIC to get more in the house ASAP.

The kids are not the only ones who we work to keep sick free.  For us adults, we love our Nutriferon, which I take daily with my multivitamin. I made the mistake of forgetting them last winter on a trip, and the flu bug snuck in and took over.  Now, I make sure never to miss a day.  It works at the cellular level to increase the production of your body’s natural interferon which is a critical part of our immune system.  Again, there is nothing artificial here.  No charcoal fillers and other yucky stuff! 

The last tool in my germ killing arsenal is our Basic G germicide.  This is a toxic-free way to kill germs as you clean. This has replaced the chemical filled Clorox wipes and other germ killing, bleach based cleaners in our home. It is super concentrated so one bottle can last years! One bottle is only $17 bucks and makes 64 gallons of cleaner! Crazy! We go through a LOT of this stuff. I clean my bathrooms and kitchen with it and make my own wipes by just soaking a paper towel when I want to wipe down door knobs and phones and whatnot.    


Again, I am no expert and am not a doctor.  This is just what our family does to help keep illness out of our home.  I know so many families who struggle with the sicklies and I want to share what I know has truly worked for us.  This is an investment we make in our health that has been worth every penny! It keeps us away from the doctor, off of medication, and saves us from eating up our vacation/sick time.  And the fact that it is all natural, pure, and toxic-free is the cherry on top. 

Now is a great time to get started on building your kids' immunity before school starts! If you want to make the switch to better health,  shop my store here today!


Don't forget to follow us


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...