Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Family Fun Part 2



Time flies when you are having fun, and October flew by in the blink of an eye! We have been crazy busy prepping for Halloween and a few other big changes that are coming up.  But, I wanted to share more pictures of our fun weekend with my brother.  

For years, my family back home in Colorado has heard us talk about Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO.  To say I love this place is an understatement.  We go there at least a couple of times each year. We are very lucky to have Gabe's family living close to Branson so it is very easy to go whenever we want.  Fall Festival time is one of our favorite times to go, and this year, we wanted my brother and his family to experience it with us while they were here.  

So, we loaded up and drove south.  We made a stop at Gabe's brother's ranch so the kids could see the cows and pet the horses.  Which, of course, they LOVED. 




Maise had no fear.  She quickly learned the proper way to hold your hand to feed them.  





The little ones got a kick out of the cows, especially when they said "mooooooo!"


We spent the night at Gabe's mom's house then headed out early for a fun filled day at Silver Dollar City. 

One of my favorite parts is the walk in. I love the anticipation and excitement! Purchasing this Red Flyer wagon a couple of years ago turned out to be a fabulous idea.  It works GREAT for long days at the theme park.

I love how they decorate the entrance.  It always makes for a great photo op!

When you walk into Silver Dollar City, you feel as if you have traveled back in time.  The whole theme of the park is "Old Time" or "Down Home" back in the old days.  Everything is made or done by hand.  There is a real blacksmith, a woodworker, a glass blower...you get the idea. The shopping is endless. We love to hit the stores like the Old Mill for textiles and baking goods, or the General Store for "provisions".  The kids love to play with all the old fashioned toys there. I also enjoy looking at all the decorations throughout the park around the holidays. You can get lots of cool ideas for your own home.  I loved the Fall trees they had there.  


And then, there are the rides....oh, the rides.  There are rides for all ages, including some pretty killer roller coasters (or so I have heard, I don't do roller coasters). But we generally stuck with the little kids rides. 


This was Maise's first time on the kiddie rides.  I'd say she loved it.  Haha! 


Lunch break! To save some money, we packed the kids' lunch, which they quickly gobbled up.


We had a blast! We closed down the park. We were weary and had sore feet, but I am so happy to have been able to share the experience with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece.  I hope they loved the park as much as we do.  

We were sad to say goodbye to them, but look forward to our next adventure! 

Post Script: If you are in the Branson area and/or are looking for a great family vacation spot, I highly recommend Silver Dollar City. You can find lots of package deals online that include hotel and park rates.



Get new posts sent directly to your email! 

Want more? Follow me on 



1 comment:

MOM said...

As usual you did a good job of posting your comments and pictures. Makes me feel like I was there or should have been. Thanks for sharing Honey Bunny.

XOXOXOXO
mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...