Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Home Tour 2013




I know I am getting this out a bit late.  But I figured as long as I have it up before Christmas, it is still ok, right? 

To be honest, I feel a bit silly posting a Holiday Home Tour.  I am definitely not a professional decorator, nor have nearly the talent other bloggers out there have, nor do I have the photography talent to make it all look like a magazine.  But I love it and my family enjoys it every year.  It is a holiday home made with love and passion for the holiday season.  And so, here I am sharing my passion with you.  And besides, its my blog. I can do what I want right?  So here we go....

As long as I can remember, I dreamed of having my a home where I could have a themed tree. And for years, all I wanted was a red and white themed tree.  So as soon as we moved into our first home, you bet that is exactly what I did. I have had my red and white tree for 8 years now.  Up until this year, my tree always looked like this:

I always loved the red and white against the green.  But, my beautiful pre-lit tree was losing its pre-litness and it was a huge pain to set up.  

So this summer, I found a great deal on a pre-lit white tree for 5 bucks.  I figured what the heck.  It's 5 bucks.  If I don't like it I can just go back to a green tree.  Hence, this is the year of the white tree.


Wow! What a difference! I love how the red ornaments really pop.  








I love this ornament.  I bought it while on a family trip to Germany in 2006.  We were staying in an old medieval town that had the biggest and most amazing Christmas store in the center of town. It is so delicate, I am shocked that it has lasted so long, but I would be devastated if it ever broke.  It brings back wonderful memories each time I look at it.  And so, it goes high up on the tree above the reach of little hands.


I also have always had a thing for snow globes. My mantel displays my favorites that I have had for years and years. I hope to pass them to my girls someday.  
















I also have a thing for snowmen and all things fiber optic. So I am especially in love this this little guy. Which, consequently, stopped working shortly after I took this picture.  Sad day.  



And there you have it.  My humble Holiday Home Tour for 2013.  I am still not sure if I like the white tree better than the green one.  As beautiful as this is, I would rather have a skinnier tree so you might just see the green back next year.  What do you think?  I would love to see your holiday homes.  Feel free to post pics in the comments!



Chances are I won't be back here until after Christmas so from our family to yours, best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a blessed and prosperous New Year!! 





Get new posts sent directly to your email! 

Want more? Follow me on 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...