If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know I have partnered with an incredible company, Shaklee.
Since today is Earth Day, I thought I would share the inspirational story Shaklee shared with all of its members today. Some of you may have this already, however, I felt it was perfect for this blog since I find it so inspiring and wonderful that Shaklee is so committed to our planet and the effect we all have. The smallest steps can make a big impact.
For my family, we have done small things over the years to help reduce our carbon footprint. We recycle, we use glass instead of plastic where we can. We buy sustainable/recycled products when we can. But, switching to Shaklee and removing toxic chemicals from our home was one of the best changes we could make. Not only was our family immensely healthier within days of switching, but we have greatly reduced our waste simply by using products that are concentrated, thereby reducing packaging waste by a LOT. We also are not washing toxic junk down our drains or emitting awful gases and fumes into the air. I could go on and on, but suffice to say I am so happy and proud to be a part of this global movement Shaklee forged to make our planet, and ourselves healthier.
You can be a part of the Effect too! Want to make change and try out Shaklee?
Go to my store: http://allischnelle.myshaklee.com/us/en/shop/healthyhome to learn more.
AND! Just for my readers, I am extending my Earth Day Special !!
All this month, Get Clean Starter Kits come with FREE Membership ($19.99 value), and a FREE Scour Off ($8).
Get Clean Starter Kits make terrific gifts for housewarming, wedding, or a new baby!
Already a member? There is something in this for you too! Get a Get Clean Starter Kit now until April 30 and I will send you a rebate for your shipping cost.
So without further ado, I give you this inspirational story:
Source: Shaklee Corporation, Earth Day 2015
|
How big ideas take root
When
Roger Barnett first bought Shaklee in 2004, Ellie wrote him to
encourage our company to plant trees and invite others to join us. It
was such a good idea that when Roger met Nobel Peace Laureate Dr.
Wangari Maathai, he invited her to become the global ambassador for our
“A Million Trees. A Million Dreams™” campaign.
Challenge accepted
Inspired
by the Shaklee commitment, Dr. Maathai went on to challenge the United
Nations: if a company in the US could plant a million trees, surely the
United Nations could plant a billion.
Today, nearly 14 billion oxygen-producing, carbon-absorbing trees have been pledged or planted around the world.
All because one Shaklee Business Leader understood how small, positive
steps taken by one person can be amplified by a community of people to
create a very, very big effect—that’s The Shaklee Effect™.
|
|
Here are some simple ways you can start making a difference, too:
|
|





No comments:
Post a Comment