Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cleaning The Car Naturally



People who know me well know that I love a clean car.  In fact, I pride myself on having a clean car.  I would spend lots of time and money to keep my vehicle spic and span. 

When we moved to a house on a dirt road in the country I knew my clean car days were over.  Around here, people wash their cars when it rains just so we can have a semi-clean car for even a few hours because the rain keeps the dust down.  Throw in four dogs and two kids, and having a clean car is almost laughable.  This was a huge adjustment for me but over the years I have learned to let go a little.

The other day, I decided it was time to go ahead and clean it.  It had gotten pretty bad.  My three year old has a terrible habit of throwing her sippy cups everywhere so you can imagine the kind of sticky mess that builds up.  Couple that with food, gravel, mud, leaves, dog hair and, well, you get the idea.

I took the car to the car wash and parked myself in a stall for about 30 minutes giving the outside a good wash.  Then I pulled out the rugs and sprayed them down with the car wash sprayer.  I find this is a great way to really get them nice and clean.  Run your hand down them several times to wring out as much water as you can then take them home to dry in the sun.  

This is when I normally break out the Windex, 409, and Magic Eraser.  But today, I used my trusty Basic H all purpose cleaner.  This stuff is a WORK HORSE!  Check out there before and after pics:
P.S. - this is the worst I have ever let it get, so no judging. :-)

What is that nasty stuff? Is that peanut butter? Why yes. Yes, it is.

A little spray, and a little wipe and BAM! Gone.

Um, yea...gross.


 Ahhh....much better!

Oh boy...

Now that's what I am talking about!


Ok, one more...

and much better!

It even easily powered through the bug guts on the front of my car!


Ahhh...ZEN!

It's like the car is new again! It took me about 20 minutes to do the entire inside of the van and the only cleaner I used was this baby:
Zero toxic fumes, no nose tingles. Just a rag and Basic H.  Love it! 

Try it yourself! Visit my Shaklee page HERE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...