Monday, August 6, 2012

How To Clean Your Toaster Oven Without Harsh Chemicals

If you look at most of the bloggers who write about the Shaklee cleaning line, you will probably find a post about cleaning their ovens.  I think it is because the oven is the ultimate test of natural cleaning products.  Baked on grease, food, etc.  How could a natural cleaner power through that?   Well, there is a reason we all have oven cleaning posts.  Because Shaklee cleaners really do WORK!  

So today, I thought what I would add my own little twist on the trend of Shaklee oven cleaning posts.  This week I decided to tackle cleaning my toaster oven and put Get Clean products to the test myself.

I have a love/hate relationship with my toaster oven.  I love having it around, but hate the space it takes up on my counter. Whatever happened to the space saver toaster ovens?
Anyway, when our first toaster oven kicked the bucket, we tried to go without one. I rejoiced in the counter space I had gained back. But, we quickly discovered we actually missed the darn thing too much.  And so the toaster oven returned. 

I hated losing the counter space.  But I love being able to re-heat leftovers, quickly make toast a couple pieces of garlic bread, or make just a few chicken nuggets and/or tater-tots without having to turn on the oven. The versatility is awesome. But most of all, I HATE HATE HATE cleaning it. 

Exhibit A (Yuck):

Exhibit B: (Double Yuck!)  

Cleaning the grate is a HUGE pain! It takes so much elbow grease, that I break out in a huge sweat and am exhausted by the time I am done, asking myself  'why do we have a stupid toaster oven'? 

I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. First, I filled the sink up with water and a few drops of Basic H and threw the grate in to soak.  


Next, I sprayed the oven with Basic H Degreaser and let it sit a few minutes. Then, using a scrubbie and my Scour Off, I scoured the inside of the oven.  Just a few minutes and a little elbow grease later, and viola! 
Now that is what I like to see!

Next, I started in on the grate using the same scrubbie and a little more Scour Off.  This still took some scrubbing, but it came off MUCH easier than when I use Easy Off.  And, I love the smell of cherries rather than inhaling those horrible Easy Off fumes!  Check out how it clean it is! 

Next, the trays. One trick I use is to cover all the trays in foil so when it comes time to clean, I just take the foil off and replace it.  Easy peasy. 

And that's it!  Ahhhh.....


I guess the toaster oven can stay. 

 Discover the powerful clean of Shaklee's Get Clean line! 
Visit my store HERE.

 Join the fun on FACEBOOK!


















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...