Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Achilles Heel




Yep, that's me. My name is Alli and I am a Diet Coke addict.

Since this blog is about sharing our journey (the good, the bad, and the ugly) to a healthier lifestyle, and since we have been talking how to eat healthier, use non-toxic products, and practice more whole living, I figured I should come clean.  Because it doesn't get any more toxic than Diet Coke.  Talk about chemicals!

This is my achilles heel.  A habit that, honestly, I don't really want to give up.  I love Diet Coke.  I don't drink coffee, I drink Diet Coke.  I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol, I drink Diet Coke.  It's my pick-me-up in the afternoon, my shoulder to lean on that gets me through the day. I love the taste, I love the fizz, I just plain love it. 

I am very picky about my Diet Coke too.  It has to be from a fountain. No cans, no bottles.  I want it out of a machine in a huge cup with lots of ice.  And I will do that twice a day.  I should own stock in Sonic. I think I am their most frequent customer.  I even know which places make the best mixtures of ice and Diet Coke.  McDonalds has great ones, Burger King not so much. Yep, its that bad.

Yummmm......



And yes, I have heard all about the dangers of aspertame, and how Diet Coke actually makes you eat more and make you bloated. I have heard it all and I have heard it incessantly.  None of it has movitaved me to really try to kick the habit. 

The closest I ever came to quitting was when I was pregnant with my babies.  I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize their health. My doctor cleared me for just one 12oz serving per day. But as soon as I delivered both girls, I had a Diet Coke on order. A big one. 

I know I am not alone here, right?..........Hello?.......... Is this thing working?

Okay, okay. The real truth is that even though I don't want to give up my beloved drink, modeling healthy behavior for my girls is more important to me.  They both watch me drink this stuff everyday and as they get older it will be hard for me to try to explain to them why Mommy can have it but they can't.  So I guess I will have to say goodbye to Diet Coke. And it will be the hardest habit for me to break.  But I will for my girls. For my health.

Maybe I will start next week.

I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Minny said...

You didn't mention the type of ice you prefer.... hee her, just messin' with ya!

Love ya, I share your addiction to a beverage other than coffee...

Hope you're having fun in the city that never sleeps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...