Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree, How I Love Thee


I love Christmas trees. I love putting them up and decorating them. Ever since I was a kid, decorating the tree was always my deal. My parents happily gave me the job of decorating the house for Christmas. Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, I would put Christmas music on and decorate away. I love it so much in fact that I am NO FUN to decorate with.  Yes, I am one of those people. I am picky about each ornament. Everything has to look just perfect.  I have always been that way.  I dreamed of the day I could have two trees.  One tree with all of my sentimental ornaments, and one themed tree.  And I always knew I wanted it to be all red and white.

When we moved to this house, I was finally able to have my red and white tree. I have had this theme for 6 years now, and I am still not tired of it. I have added ornaments over the years, but I haven't changed much.

Our first year in our current house. Notice how sparsely populated the tree is?









The tree is now full of red and white with a little silver here and there.



I love this little guy. He is one of my favorite ornaments that I have had for many years.


The tree topper is one of my favorite elements of the tree even though it is not at all proportionate to the tree.  It's a little Santa that is holding a candle in his hand.  So sweet. I don't think I could ever part with him. 


My mantel is just simple lighted garland with my collection of snow globes placed here and there.  I have always loved snow globes. There is just a little something magic about them to me. 


Of course, the other embellishments in the room must incorporate the red and white theme as well! 




I still have my hodge podge, sentimental tree.  This tree holds the ornaments that are near and dear to our hearts. Like the ornaments from our childhood and our first year together.  The girls also have their first ornaments here. This is also the tree we decorate as a family.  Being anal about Christmas trees and having kids isn't a good mix, so this is a good compromise.  The kids can place the ornaments where they want and I do my best not to rearrange them. Though I have to admit it is a challenge for me sometimes! 



And there you have it.  A little mini showcase of our Christmas trees. Obviously, I am no professional decorator. My trees would never make the cover of a magazine. But I do love them. They make our world merry and bright.

What are your tree traditions?


Join the fun on Facebook!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where's Mia's tree?????

Minny said...

I just realized the first pic is of the living room before the new furniture and the mirror - I'd love to see an updated photo, either here or on Facebook. Just for fun, and to make me feel like I'm actually there...

Wish I was.

Love you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...